Monday 7 September 2009

Fylde Coast - 7th September 2009

Image taken 9th August 09, note the Lancaster Bomber!

I intended on sea watching from Starr Gate like usual but missed the hourly train to Blackpool South by 2 minutes so I thought I would give North Shore a go. I sat about 500 metres north of North Pier in rather pleasant weather. I had expected gales and driving rain so I was wearing about 4 layers too many which was uncomfortable after 2 and a half hours sea watching.

The Weather effected birding dramatically with very few birds seen at all.

c300 Common Scoter, fem Eider, 3 Shelduck, 150 knot, 4 Sandwich Tern, Common Tern and that was about it!

2 comments:

Jonny Scragg said...

nice pic Zac, my brother would have loved to have seen that. I see your Counter has gone up to 11900 as well as mine. I thought someone had posted my link on the BBC or something.

Zac Hinchcliffe said...

thats very weird, im sure it was only 9000 last week!
the airshow was excellent with Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire, Hurricane, red arrows and best of all VULCAN BOMBER!