Wednesday 16 April 2008

Lytham St Annes - Fylde, 16th April 2008











As I have never seen Ring Necked Parakeets in the Fylde I thought it was necessary to go and look at the birds within the Crematorium at Lytham St Annes. For the first 30 mins I was unable to locate where the birds have been but in my search i managed to find a Little Owl and on the lake there were 2 Teal (pair) and a drake Shoveler. When i finally gave up, I walked back to the car and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a largish box up a tree. This was the Box that the birds have been pictured with. I walked towards the box and a large green bird flew through the wood and landed in a branch near to the box. This was it! I only saw this bird for any length of time, but when the presumed male called another bird popped its head out of the box briefly. Wonderful birds!

1 comment:

Nick Patel said...

The Ring neckeds are great aren't they, regardless of their background. I've seen them loads in the London area, and that's good an all, but my best experience of one is at Wrea green Horse riding centre (don't ask) where one, out of the blue came and sat on a tree right in front of me before flying away, into the distance.