Monday 24 March 2008

Ringing at Moor Piece, Bashall Eaves - 24th March 2008

For a while now, it has been a goal of mine to attend a ringing session. I spent 8 hours with Mark Breaks at a Private Cottage in Moor Piece Wood, and at his Home in Newton.
From the Whole day we managed to catch 81 Birds(however we didn't count a few of the same birds we caught at the start of the session.

Coal Tit
Great Tit
Blue Tit
RobinDunnock
Treecreeper
Treecreeper coverts (just making sure it wasn't a shortie ;] )
Mark Ages another Coal Tit
male Lesser Redpoll
Best bird of the day for me!
male Lesser Redpoll

The Two star birds were Treecreeper and Lesser Redpoll(both of which were reacting to a tape). I managed to ring 3 Blue tits at the site with 29 ringed in total. We had a good haul here with 8 species (chaffinch not on photos as they wouldn't stop flapping when the shutter opened!)
Female adult Greenfinch
Adult male Blackbird
Adult Blue Tit
Comparing last years bird with an older bird
Adult Male Greenfinch

We went back to the Breaks' farm and caught another 50 birds! most of which were Coal tit and Blue tit, but with a few extra to add the list. Here I Ringed several Blue Tit, singles of Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Great tit and Coal tit.
An absolutely fabulous day, and one that I will remeber for a long time to come!




2 comments:

Anna Simpson said...

You managed to ring a lot of different species of birds, well done. From blackbird to treecreeper.

Zac Hinchcliffe said...

Thanks Anna.

It was an excellent day, and has definatley made me want to continue with ringing to get myself the C permit that allows me to ring on my own!
Zac