Sunday 17 February 2008

Wintering pair of Firecrest - Bury - 17th February 2008

Firecrest

Male Sparrowhawk
Blue Tit
House Sparrow

A Pair of Firecrest have been frequenting a garden in Bury for a while now and as I was at a loose end this morning, I decided to persuade my dad to take me after showing him the excellent photographs posted on Bird Guides by the owner of the Garden they are feeding in
I think I heard the male singing briefly so there is a chance they could stick around to breed, although is quite unlikely!

Very fabulous birds to just be in the presence of but as a photography point of view, they are little horrors, as you can see from above!!

I really great start to a fabtastic 'spring' February day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you did see a firecrest! lucky you! and that house sparrow shot shows great potential!
keep it up
steve