Monday 28 April 2008

Local Birding Recently (Mid-late April)





April hasn't been as eventful as past years (in regards to my personal birding experience anyway!). I have been generally revising for my upand coming GCSE exams. I have had so little time, I have dipped the Fairhaven Ross's Gull 3 times in two weekends because of myself only having time for short twitches.
I have managed to at least get to see the Whimbrel roost down at Brockholes which reached 260 on the evening of the 27th. (this also included c25 Noctule Bats which put on an excellent show!)
Other than that, the only really birding I have done, is in the Garden where i've had great views of some slightly less abundant birds inc Coal Tit and Goldfinch. The Highlight however was to see a flock of 21 Golden Plover flying south (c100ft height) on the 24th during a raptor watch...a Garden Tick

No comments: