Saturday 9 June 2012

Well-timed Phalarope! - Brockholes NR LWT - 9th June 2012

(Red-necked Phalarope photo: Bill Aspin)
Arriving home from University this afternoon, I had just sat down for a brew when I got a text off Bill Aspin saying there was a Red-necked Phalarope on Meadow Lake at Brockholes! 9 minutes later, I was stood at the 2nd passing place watching a fantastic Phalarope spinning around on one of the islands at the back of Meadow Lake
It was my first summer plumaged phalarope and what a stunner it was! It was dwarfed by Redshanks and it even made a Little Ringed Plover look big! This is a very long overdue site first and one that I couldn't miss, so was very happy to be 'available' to twitch it, without spending £33.80 on train fare!
It was also great to see some familiar faces such as Tony Disley, Dave Bickerton, Mark Farnshawe, Bill Gregory, Mike Foley, Nick Green, Lee Harrison and the finder, Carl Partington

1 comment:

Craig Brookes said...

I definitely read the final name as Karl Pilkington.