Tuesday 4 October 2011

Déjà vu - 4th October 2011

A year to the day since Chris and I went to Soldier's Point twitching a Yellow-browed Warbler which showed incredibly. Today I was joined by Matt on the train to Holyhead where another Yellow-browed Warbler turned up at Soldier's Point!

Upon arrival it was obvious that there were many Goldcrest, Blackcap, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff were on the move. We viewed the horse fields from the lower road and within 3 minutes of arrival, I heard the diagnostic 2/3 syllable call of the Yellow-browed. Unlike the 2010 bird, this bird was extremely vocal and I would estimate it called 40 times whilst we were present. It was a hard bird to connect with visually, with only 4-5 decent sightings of the bird before it came rather illusive. A delightful bird nontheless of which I can now relax as this autumn contains a YBW sighting!

I didn't get any photos of this bird, but here is a link to the 2010 bird for you to feast your eyes on! - http://zacswildlifeblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/yellow-browed-warbler-soldiers-point.html

1 comment:

Kane Brides said...

Looks like an awesome trip Zac!! Look forward to hearing more about it soon!!