Thursday 8 May 2014

Gropper and Whitethroat on Bangor Mountain

I've recently been enjoying some lovely migrants on patch in the form of Garden Warbler, Grasshopper Warbler, Common Whitethroat, Tree Pipit, Common Sandpiper and even a Cuckoo on Bangor Mountain!

All bar the Common Whitethroat were patch ticks, which is superb.

I thought I'd chance it with some ringing and managed to catch a male Grasshopper Warbler and a Common Whitethroat over the course of 3 hours. Both of which were 'ringing ticks' for my C permit and both species I love to see up close.

University Birdwatching Challenge is going very well indeed and Bangor's current species total is 100 species since late December. If I were tracking back further, I'd be able to include Firecrest, Whooper Swan, Lapland Bunting, Arctic Tern, Common Tern, Green Sandpiper, Spotted Redshank, Knot, Swift, Ring Ouzel, Gannet, Osprey and Red Kite...here's hoping there's time for some more to be added.

No comments: