Saturday 21 January 2012

Tits and Gyppos!!! - 21st January 2012

The title probably makes this sound much more of a controversial/interesting blog post subject than it actually is!
Pink Pink Orange
White Red Mauve (recap from previous trip)
I spent the morning in Atherton Woods with Kane catching more Blue Tits for my dissertation project. It was a slow morning due to the wind with only 6 new birds being colour-ringed. There were plenty of recaptures from previous visits also. To be honest, the main goal of this trip was to get my head around where the study area is going to be in the wood, and I am happy to say that I am now thinking clearly about what I intend to get out of the projectAfter a rather nice Pizza lunch back at Kane's (where Pink, Pink, Grey and Orange, Yellow, Red were observed in the garden) we made a quick trip to Brockholes LWT as an Egyptian Goose has recently been investigating the site, so I was keen to see it as it's a site first, so a real 'Blocker' in terms of Brockholes listing! It took a short while to pick up, but the bright pink legs helped it stand out whilst asleep on 'Meadow Lake' (It will always be called Main Pool to me)

A great Day all in all! Thanks Kane for having me!

No comments: