Wednesday 27 June 2007

White Tailed Plover - Leighton Moss RSPB - 17th June 2007

This was the second time I had attempted to see my first ever Mega, as the first time I had missed the Bird by only 30 Seconds!


A feeling of relief passed through me when I was asked if I would like to look through a scope, and there it was, my first ever Mega, and in Lancashire too.

Above: White Tailed Plover - Leighton Moss RSPB, Lancs

The Plover showed quite well for a while before it Flew Off towards Heysham Power Station and landed on the Marsh Half Way there!

Above: White Tailed Plover, Flying away from Leighton Moss, Lancs

I was really pleased at the end of the visit, even though I wanted my first Mega to be the Murrelet in November 2006, but on setting off to do the Mammoth trip to Dawlish, but I wasn't bathered after watching this.

No comments: